On 2/9/2018 3:25 PM, Knut Petersen wrote:
Am 09.02.2018 um 15:07 schrieb Br. Samuel Springuel:
I almost always use synctex, so that's a personal possibility, but I'm also programming for others who might not.

What about the `stop_run` callback?  Are the files closed by the time the final message is being spit out?

No, it is not. But everything really relevant is written at that point. It is possible to copy the file, complete it using some shell commands, and to process that copy.  See: http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2017-December/006692.html for an example. Luatex 1.04 does not complain if you delete the output pdf during the stop_run callback, so it is possible to reuse the original filename. Be aware that the stop_run callback is not used in draftmode.

In http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2017-December/006690.html I proposed a place for a pdf_closed callback.
if there will be one it will be a final wrap up callback, unrelated to pdf i.e. pretty late, something wrapup_run

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE