Julian Yap wrote:
Wayne,

Swing by McKinley sometime on Saturday.  We can have a chat/run
through of Samba.We can install it on a spare donated machine.
My wife is out of town & that may give a window to do just that.

 It's all pretty simple if you stick to the GUI utilities with
RedHat distros.  Maybe there's a specialized Linux Samba Server
distro?
I am probably old enough to be your grandpa, so please don't take my words too seriously. One of the key issues in Samba is to manually edit the config file. This is what I missed the most from John's week-long seminar. Not too often we have a world-renown expert come to the island to give a face-to-face tutorial & I missed it.

I'm taking classes these days so I'm usually there from ~12:15pm
onwards.

- Julian