hey man, I run debian too, but I don't make claims that its the "one true" distro. Its right for me, and yes, I agree that its easy to install and maintain, but I've also had apt fsck my system to the point of not booting while upgrading 'testing'.

I think I could screw up pretty much anything out there. :)

I was able to repair same though.

And when that doesn't work, there are backups. I really like the Etch installer when all else fails. It gives a very fine grained control if you want it.

Well, thats the difference.

Linus said, "gnome sucks rocks, here's a patch".

ESR said, "fedora sucks, I quit".

I agree. I may not always agree with Linus' methodology (though I do agree with him about KDE vs. Gnome), but he is a guy I ultimately respect. He may shoot his mouth off, but the is a fair bit of substance behind the guy. When he shoots off his mouth about SCO, he can actually be quite funny.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky