On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, R. Scott Belford wrote:

This is a good one. We have an OS change, same NIC, all other variables the
same. I think I need a static entry in /etc/network/interfaces and that this
was something automagically handled by centos. It sounds like I don't need a
gateway setting, though.

Since Brian is off-island, and we don't have lab access, I am wary about
tinkering too much. I think it is safe to add this address,
2607:f278:4101:12:204:76ff:fef1:edc8,
as our static IP, though.

You do NOT need to add that either since your ifconfig output already shows the IPv6 address has already been autoconfigured. That fact alone says that your vlan is still enabled for IPv6 autoconfig. Otherwise your server would not have picked up the 2607:f278:4101:12::/64 prefix.

I don't think I need to run something like this.

Correct. You run radvd if you are running as a router with multiple interfaces that have hosts which need to know what the local prefix is.

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  t...@lava.net