On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, R. Scott Belford wrote:

I think it's a matter of adding these lines to my /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv6.conf.default.autoconf = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.accept_ra = 1

Doubtful. IPv6 autoconfig is already working. Otherwise you would not have the default gateways in your route table or a global-scope prefix and address on eth0. You can verify with:

sysctl -a | grep net.ipv6.conf.default

The test results are

mirror:/etc/network# traceroute6 freebsd.org
traceroute to freebsd.org (2001:4f8:fff6::28), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1  * * *
2  * * *
3  * * *

Try turning off both IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls temporarilly and run the pings and traceroutes again.

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  t...@lava.net