Hi Guys!

If any of you have ever wondered about setting up your own PBX / phone system with Asterisk, try the Asterisk gui package. I used the canned versions for CentOS 6.3 and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it works. You'll still need to know a lot about SIP and various phone network concepts, but it's vastly simpler than handwriting / tweaking several Asterisk config files by hand. It is probably about as complicated as setting up a Talkswitch phone system.

Has anyone here tried any of the SIP trunk providers? There are dozens to choose from, but I specifically want a short number of router hops for Honolulu clients.

Thanks,
-Jeff