Hi All!

After the new NTP DOS vulnerability, a lot of NTP servers are changing their operation.

I have used the navy's atomic clock at tick.mhpcc.hpc.mil for quite some time, but it appears that they may be reducing access to it now.

Many of my clients use RoadRunner locally, which doesn't seem to have a publicly-listed NTP server in this area. I could use the pool from CentOS, or even the one from Apple, but I want to make sure I use a server or pool of them that won't be overwhelmed/useless like the Microsoft NTP servers. So far, using 0.us.pool.ntp.org looks like a solid choice for long-term reliability, but nist1-la.ustiming.org yields better ping times, and the NIST has a nice status page at http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi for checking service.

Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

-Jeff