This makes sense.
Since we're not in Ubuntu family, there is no need to follow ubuntu schedule.
Let's take the time and make a good release rather than do things in a hurry.
Another benefit for the delay I found:
After ubuntu 10.04 release, there must be tons of bugs found. This is
predictable.
So, when we release, many bugs should have been fixed then we can make
a more stable release, isn't it?.