I'm also one of the people who want to remove Plymouth.
It creates random crashes everytime I boot my system.
Sometimes it works well and gives me nice boot screen with the nice artwork.
Sometimes it just hangs forever and show random pixels on my screen.
Then my laptop became unresponsive so I need to power it off directly.
This happend about once per 5 ~ 10 times of boot which is quite frequent.
So obviously, the critical usability problems it creates outweighs the
visual effect it brings.
I really hope that it can be removed from the system, or it can be turned
off in a sane way.
BTW, in the past usplash always work on my box, but plymouth is really
problematic.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM, Rafael Laguna <rafaellag...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  The ideal is a MacOSX-like, that includes machine, disk loader, operating
> system and desktop, everything with a smooth transition, but it's impossible
> right now with Linux. I'm fully agree with you, after repairing this
> annoying thing, I can only see the logo for about 1 second. So, why don't we
> uninstall it?
>
>   --
>
>   <http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com>    <http://www.lubuntu.net>

<<a3.png>>