Here is a link with the instructions I used.  I think I made the last post.

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1499046>The only issue I have it
that it gets wiped when I get updates.  Maybe I have it in the wrong place.
  Please advise.

Also, shouldn't this be something that is set "out of the box" in Lubuntu?

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1499046>
Here is the code:

used leafpad to edit xdg-open:

Code:

[r...@ohiomoto ~]#sudo leafpad /usr/bin/xdg-open

My changes looked like this when done and it works great with Chromium.
Code:

    generic)
    pcmanfm "$url"
    ;;