On 11/24/2011 04:26 PM, Martin Olesen wrote:

> The site is at https://sites.google.com/site/lubuntunet/

Thanks for putting up a prototype site.

> and comments can be written at
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mZ5dVbuY5Qk3E7MbqxEkGL1fphAwiSKRqzXkAzyqmg/edit

I thought as a team we had agreed to use the wiki page at

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Marketing/Website_Plan

for brainstorming about a proposed new lubuntu.net site.  This was
discussed in the recent Lubuntu Dev Meeting, see the log starting at

  http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/11/23/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t20:04

Several of us have already contributed ideas to that page.  Why are we
now being asked to put comments at some other place, using Google Docs
rather that the wiki which Lubuntu has been using for online
documentation for some years now?  It seems a bit inefficient.  It is
important that we work as a team, not in isolation.

My initial thoughts on the proposed site are:

 (1) Seven tabs is too many; let's keep it simpler than that.

 (2) Proposed site home page is basically content-less, and so not
useful.  Not even a button to download the most commonly wanted Lubuntu ISO!

 (3) Proposed site content (and look/feel/theme) does not connect at all
to (or address the whole issue of how it relates to) existing online
Lubuntu documentation at wiki.ubuntu.com and help.ubuntu.com .  I think
that treating the site as 100% independent from these existing Lubuntu
community resources, more or less ignoring them, is a significant part
of what got the "old" lubuntu.net into disrepair -- let's not make the
same mistake twice.

 (4) In English, we say "operating system" not "operative system".
There are a couple of other places where the English needs tidying up.

Once I know where we "really" want comments and ideas for the proposed
new lubuntu.net site, I'll add these to it.

Jonathan