On 09/21/2016 10:09 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
pavucontrol is started from the menu (which a good, and an improvement compared to alsamixer), but at the volume icon on the panel, nothing happens when I click on 'Sound settings...'.

I found this in Lubuntu alternate amd64.

Nio:

On most Ubuntu variants, when you right-click on the audio-speaker icon of the task bar, in the little window that appears above it (controlling the volume), there is something you can click on to get to audio settings.

In the case of Lubuntu, there is no such thing in the little window that appears. Instead, you have to right-click on the audio-speaker icon, and select "Volume Control" Settings from the menu that appears.

When I do that, the PulseAudeo Volume control window appears on my system, which is running Lubuntu 16.04 (32-bit).

Perhaps this is different in the beta-test versions of the up-coming release.

--
Sincerely,
Aere