Hi Stefan,

* Java's bytecode doesn't contain metadata about generics and when Java is
compiled, all info about generics gets lost. So, IKVMed Lucene.Net will have
to live without generics.

* IKVM is the java world in .NET runtime in fact.  If you are , for ex, to
write an analyzer, you have to override TokenStream method which accepts
"java.io.Reader" instead of "System.IO.TextReader". So .NET people have to
learn java namespaces/classes and develop their own java-compatible
libraries

* Since IKVM is a different world, remoting (for ex.) between native .NET
code & IKVMed code is problematic (one uses
"java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject", the other one
"System.MarshalByRefObject").

* It's not possible to make custom changes in IKVMed Lucene.NET unless you
make your changes in java sources and compile them.

I think people can find more examples. Of course, none of them is a blocking
issue but too far from  giving a .NET taste.

DIGY