From: Michael Herndon
Sent: 1/25/2012 8:26 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: lucene-net-...@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Apache-Lucene-2.9.4g-incubating-RC1 Release
(take 2)

I was not able to download the binaries till this morning.  The wiki was
also having issues.

I ran rat on the the released source, that seems fine. did a compare on src
zip and the tag. it matches.

The only things I saw are nit picks.
in the ReadMe the link should point to its respective tag instead of RC3
for just 2_9_4
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/tags/Lucene.Net_2_9_4_RC3/lib/should
be

when releasing the source in the future, we should either include a script
that pulls the lib for the developers who want to compile from source
inside a tag when the project is built using the solution. Or we should
invest into using something like nuget for dependencies so that the
dependencies are automatically fetched somehow and we can remove those from
svn/scm altogether.

the source currently violates the "don't make me think about it" principle.

I know we all dislike chms, but until we figure out a better way of posting
the generated msdn documentation online, we should include that in releases
as well.  The static website version generates a high number of static html
files and our current CMS requires that those files are pushed into SVN
which just is not feasible. Committing that all at once will choke infra's
setup (and if they hired ninjas to pay us a visit, I probably wouldn't
blame them) and doing partial commits is just borderline insanity.

Just waiting on the all the tests to finish running.
http://xkcd.com/303/