>> Hi,
>> I have a very hierarchical document structure where each level of the
>> hierarchy contains indexable information.  It looks like this:
>>
>>              Study ->
>>                      Section ->
>>                              DataFile ->
>>                                      Variable.
>>
>> The goal is to create a situation where a user can execute a search
at
>> any level and the search would include all of the information below
it
>> in the hierarchy and retrieve the proper aggregated document.

>Say, you're on the level of Study/Section, then in indexing add the
>fields "study" and "section" and set them to, say, "true". When
>searching, just search where those two fields are "true".

>Ulrich

Right, but my concern is that each of these levels are really different
documents.  So, I guess the question should have been, Do I need to
create documents for the lowest common denominator and then aggregate
them into higher level documents by hand or make a several document
types with redundant information and search by document type or create
multiple indices (one for each level) with redundant information?   In
other words, should I just add a bunch of DataFile documents that
contain Section and Study information and then, if a user wants a set of
Study documents, just aggregate them after the search by hand or is
there a more "lucene" way of doing this?  I'm trying to avoid storing
too much redundant information to implement this kind of hierarchical
structure, but that may not be possible.  I hope I'm being somewhat
clear with my question.

Thanks again,
Tom