Hm, beat me.
The code in question seems to be:

  public RAMInputStream(RAMFile f) {
    file = f;
    length = file.length;
  }

...which is called from:

  /** Returns a stream reading an existing file. */
  public final InputStream openFile(String name) {
    RAMFile file = (RAMFile)files.get(name);
    return new RAMInputStream(file);
  }

Since 'files' is a Hashtable, neither the key nor the value (file) can
be null, even though the NPE in RAMInputStream constructor implies that
file was null.

Otis

--- petite_abeille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What could cause such weird exception?
>
> RAMInputStream.<init>: java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.lucene.store.RAMInputStream.<init>(RAMDirectory.java:217)
> at
> org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory.openFile(RAMDirectory.java:182)
> at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.<init>(FieldInfos.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:116)
> at

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:378)