Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

Beware of storing timestamps (DateFields, I guess) in Lucene, if you
intend to use range queries (xxx TO yyy).

Why?

We have attributes that contain iso8601 date strings and when indexing:

Date date = isoConv.parse(value, new ParsePosition(0));
String dateString = DateField.dateToString(date);
doc.add(Field.Keyword(name, dateString));

then when searching:

String from = DateField.timeToString(searchFromDate);
String to = DateField.timeToString(searchToDate);
RangeQuery rq = new RangeQuery(new Term(searchKey, from),
                           new Term(searchKey, to), true);

Is this not correct?

bst,
-Rob

Otis

--- Michael Wechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

my XML files contain something like

<date>
</date>

and I would like to sort by this date.

So I guess I need to modify the Documentparser and generate something
like
a millisecond field and then sort by this, correct?

Has anyone done something like this yet?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]