Hi

I forsee the following scenario in my project and hope to get a reply to
this before I start coding :

I have an standalone application which runs lucene indexing in the
background at a user specified interval (e.g. every 2 days). In the
meantime, user will be able to force a indexing operation anytime he
wish to. I assume this will cause two process of lucene writing to the
same index files (one from the background lucene and the other one by
the user). Will this cause any problem with regards to race condition or
synchronization issues if any?

Thanks

Sebastian Ho
BII