Hi Claude, that example code you provided is out of date.

For all concerned - the highlighter code was refactored about a month ago and then
moved into the Sandbox.

Want the latest version? - get the latest code from the sandbox CVS.
Want the latest docs? - Run javadoc on the above.

There is a basic example of highlighter use in the package-level javadocs and more
extensive examples
in the JUnit test that accompanies the source code.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Mark

ps Bruce, I know you were interested in providing an alternative Fragmenter
implementation
for the highlighter that detects sentence boundaries.
You may want to look at LingPipe which has "a heuristic sentence boundary detector".
( http://threattracker.com:8080/lingpipe-demo/demo.html )
I took a quick look at it but it has its own tokenizer that would be difficult to make
work with
the tokenstream used to identify query terms. At least the code gives some examples of
the
heuristics involved in detecting sentence boundaries. For my own apps I find the
standard Fragmenter
implementation suffices.