On May 28, 2004, at 4:54 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
1) I have a unique Field [ called filename ] which is indexed of type Text.

You probably do not want to use Field.Text for a filename. Use Field.Keyword instead.

2) The indexer complete indexes for about 5000 html files sucessfully .

Now use Luke (Google for _luke lucene_) to browse your index, and check that you are getting what you think. You can do ad-hoc queries there also.

Now in this situation if I want to limit the hits between First 200 to
400 html Page Names only
what exactly should I do to using getRange() method.

If you want the first 200 - 400, start your Hits walking at index 200, and proceed through 400.

Is there some field you want to key off to do the range? Or do you just want the 200th - 400th hits from the search, which is an entirely different question than about ranges.

Please advise on how to proceed ...

Please send (succinct) code examples in the future to really keep this discussion concrete and clear.