Hey Erik

  Apologies again

 [ You probably do not want to use Field.Text for a filename.  Use
Field.Keyword instead. ]

1)  When changing the Field type from Text to Keyword, I do not get the hits
at all
     [Since most of parameters avaliable to this  Field  are of String type
... file[i].getName() ]

2) On successfull Indexing  the search   hits retun me  400  numbers on
various html files
     presence of the SearchWord in content Field.

3) If I have to limit the hits between file name (file[100].getName()   and
file[200].getName() )
    on the Field  type  "filename" for the SearchedWord.

I did the way YPE  advised in his last mail but still no improvement in
sitution.

I need to get  hit samples  in between the  2 files  [ 100 files  between ]
 and not the max no of hits.

Please  advise me
How do I proceed....

4)
  I Installed luke [ via Java webstart ]  from
http://www.getopt.org/luke/webstart.html
  but since my Index files are built on a custom made Analyzer [ not the set
of standard analyzer avaliable from drop box] ,
 Will it search the index  for the same.

with regards
Karthik