> Try to see the behavior if you want to have a single term query ....
> juat something like: "robust" .. and print out the query string ...

Sure, that works fine.  For instance, if you have the three default
fields "title", "authors", and "contents", the one-word search
"robust" expands to

   title:foobar authors:foobar contents:foobar

just as it should.

>  Try to see what is happening with Prefix, Wild, and Fuzzy searches ...

Good point.  My older version (see below) found these, but the new one
doesn't.  Oh, well, back to the working version.  I knew there was some
reason getFieldQuery wasn't sufficient.

The working version is in the file SearchTest.java, which you can find
at ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/transient/janssen/SearchTest.java.  It's a
test program which runs the query through the NewMultiFieldQueryParser,
and then prints it out, so that you can see what the expansion is.

Bill