Hi,

I have an urgent question about thread safety in lucene,
from lucene doc and code I could not get a clear answer.

1. is Searcher (IndexSearcher, MultiSearcher ..) thread
    safe, can multi-users call search(..) method on the
    same object at the same time?

2. if on the same object, one user calls close( ) and
    another calls search(..), I assume we should have a
    meaningful error message?

3. what would happen if one user calls Searcher.search(..),
    but at the same time another user tries to delete that
    document from index files by calling IndexReader.delete(..)
    (either through two threads or two separate processes)?

A brief answer would be good enough for me now, thanks
very much in advance!

Lisheng