On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 12:19 -0500, Steven Rowe wrote:
> Why is there no KeywordAnalyzer?  That is, an analyzer which doesn't
> mess with its input in any way, but just returns it as-is?
>
> I realize that under most circumstances, it would probably be more code
> to use it than just constructing a TermQuery, but having it would
> regularize query handling, and simplify new users' experience.  And for
> the purposes of the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, it could be helpful.

It's fairly straightforward to write one. Here's the one I put together
for PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper situations:

package org.apache.lucene.analysis;

import java.io.Reader;

public class VerbatimAnalyzer extends Analyzer {

    public VerbatimAnalyzer() {
        super();
    }

        TokenStream result = new VerbatimTokenizer(reader);

        return result;
    }

    /**
     * This tokenizer assumes that the entire input is just one token.
     */
    public static class VerbatimTokenizer extends CharTokenizer {

        public VerbatimTokenizer(Reader reader) {
            super(reader);
        }

        protected boolean isTokenChar(char c) {
            return true;