So, I've been charged with testing 1.6 (well, 1.5.97) with the Cray XT3, but I
seem to be running into a problem.  Utilizing lustre 1.4.7 based patches, I
can successfully build and run my own kernel outside of the official Cray
build process (if this seems like a trivial sentence, you don't have the
pleasure of using an XT3).  The problem is when I go back and utilize the
lustre 1.5.97 patch set and build a kernel.  It boots just fine, but the
ethernet devices (e1000 based) do not behave (for instance, I can ping the
node just fine, and it can mount NFS mounts just fine, but if I attempt to
access those NFS mounts the process will hang indefinitely).

So, with this, I'm about to start the journey of looking through the 1.5.97
patches to see what might be giving me grief, but I was hoping that someone
smarter than I might have some insight on some things to try.

Thanks...
--
Makia Minich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
National Center for Computation Science