Hello,

I have a lustre client running CentOS 7.2 with lustre 2.8 which is having issues accessing files on the lustre mount from Apache. There are no AVC denials shown in the logs however Apache does show an error in the logs as follows.

> AH00035: access to /repos/centos2/index.html denied (filesystem path '/var/www/html/repos/centos2/index.html') because search permissions are missing on a component of the path

I checked file permissions and they are fine. SELinux context is set to unlabeled_t as shown by ls -lZ.

[root@srv1 pub]# ls -lZ
drwxrwxr-x. mirrmaid mirrmaid system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t:s0 centos

I attempted to chcon the files to allow apache access however that also errors out.

[root@srv1 pub]# chcon -v r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0  centos/
changing security context of ‘centos/’
chcon: failed to change context of ‘centos/’ to ‘r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0’: Invalid argument

Does Lustre 2.8 support SELinux or should I simply turn SELinux off? Is there a way to make SELinux labels work properly?