Dear Michael,

how are you? I'm glad you're back here in "lute world"!

I don't have the recording of T.Satoh but do know he is a very fine
player. Actually the sound of a recording doesn't necessarily reproduce
the sound of the "real world" (the sound of a lute lives much in the
room it is played and the sound on a recording doesn't necessarily
reproduce the sound an audience will hear but rather the sound ideal of
the recording technician and/or the player) and as a second point it
often depends on the player and his/her way to produce sounds what is
coming out - I mean: you need to compare the sound of the same
instrument played by the same player playing the same kind of music one
time with gut and the second time with nylgut to have a valid
distinction.

I hope I'm note fined for my recording though it seems a matter of taste
if you like the repertoire and playing.

Best wishes
Thomas

--