From: "Thomas Schall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stewart McCoy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Lute Net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Losy Menuet

Hi Stewart,

there's a tiny mistake in your opening of the second section (here
corrected):
 |\                   |\

>  |\                   |\
>  |\                   |
>  |                    |
> ___________________________________
> _____________a_____|_____________|_
> ____a_____d________|__________d__|_
> ___________________|______c______|_
> ___________________|_____________|_
> _______c___________|_____________|_
>  a              /a  //a

Here we have one of the fantastic features of a lute: Take just the
basses and play them alone and you'll find something like a bass
part.
If you take the upper octaves of the bass parts and the rest of the
melody the octaves of the basses includes itself well into the
melody.
So my option would be the first one - not because it's rough but
because
of this special feature of the lute which by plucking one single
course
produces two voices (parts?) in the piece.

Best wishes
Thomas