Dear Thomas,

you wrote:

> I've posted a new file on my download site. A piece for 2 sopranos and
> Continuo:
> "Erhöre mich, wenn ich rufe" (SWV 289).
> I also added a possible realisation of the continuo on the archlute (as
> a suggestion). Off course I also added the original figured bass part.
>
> You'll find it on
> http://www.lautenist.de/schuetz.pdf

Interesting! I think your realisation is ok, very ok, but it would
be really interesting to read (even more interesting to hear!) the
different realisations of that piece by all of us, who play the
continuo! Why not make a collection of (the very different!) ways
we would do that piece? One difficulty is the tabulature editing
program? We all cannot easily use any... (me included...).

But perhaps all the "interested parties" could send you our
continuo realisations in a way or another, and you could publish
them in your pages? Or if you could even make the electronic versions,
also I could publish them in my pages.

I suggest we all write to a tuning (from up): g-d-a-f-c-G-F-E-D,..,
so that it is easy to compare, and find out the very different ways
of making the same piece.

I think this would be most instructive to all of us, to the continuo
players, to the would-be-continuo players, and also to the
only-tabulature-players!

(Well, basically I am not writing here... The world is very crude
 today, and who knows how crude will it be in the years to come...)

All the best (at least in our tiny and wonderful world of lute playing)

Arto