"Thomas Schall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> could give a hint to those of us who don't have much experience with continuo
> playing.

When playing continuo, I for one prefer to keep LH close to the nut,
i.e. 1st or 2nd position, instead of going up as far as 4th or 5th
position. Otherwise, I'm afraid, I might easily miss the right frets.
And I try to avoid playing too much on the chanterelle, that way keeping
the accompaniment low.

One more thing is, I avoid suspensions when the accompanied voices have
them, i.e. when there is a 4 - 3 chord progression with the descant
having the third, I usually play the 4th, only, leaving the actual
suspension to the singer.

--
Best,

Mathias

Mathias Roesel, Grosze Annenstrasze 5, 28199 Bremen, Deutschland/
Germany, T/F +49 - 421 - 165 49 97, Fax +49 1805 060 334 480 67, E-Mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Gesucht: Das Beste für die Stadt"
Ökumenischer Stadtkirchentag vom 19. bis 26. September 2004 in Bremen !

http://www.stadtkirchentag-bremen.de