Dear Mathias,

I agree with almost everything you write except that I would like to call
instruments first and foremost by their proper names (especially if it comes to
non western european instruments), that I would not like to call guitars lutes
[and therefore have to admit that I am not able to decide upon where the
dividing line runs between the different six-string plucked things used side by
side in the nineteenth and early twentieth century] and that I think that the
Sachs system does not apply universally except when one states that western
(european) views have needs to be adopted all over the world.

Best wishes,

Joachim