I assume that these source wars, where one person trots out his
sources, and someone else trots out his in rebuttal, are purely
academic discussions with little or no relationship to actual real-
world playing.  Otherwise, if you guys need to be told how to play
musically, if you have to look it up in your historical sources, then
there is something fundmentally wrong with your own innate sense of
music making.  At the end of Stewart McCoy's last post I felt like
saying "congratulations, you just discovered musicianship!" (not that
Stewart ever acknowledges any of my posts.  He simply replies to the
list saying the same things I just said, without even the courtesy of
a cc).  I wonder, though, whether anyone who considers himself/
herself a serious and accomplished player is going to be swayed
significantly by anything in those sources.

David R

[EMAIL PROTECTED]