The simple answer is that it depends on what you will do with the recording.
All converters are tweaked a bit to favor a particular notch.
However, unless you will be using the zoom professionally, your
concerns will be the final format.

In this case, you will want 48/24 unless you wish to make a CD
recording, for that you need 44.1/24.
However, I don't think the zoom is suitable for CD recording.

If you wish to experiment with the extended frequency response, you
then double the 48 to get 96/24.
However, it is unlikely that your microphones will generate anything
but harshness at this rate, and you may introduce artifacts when you
downsample for MP3s (or the better MP4).
Only a very few and very expensive mics generate smooth, usefull
upper partials when recording early music due to the complexity of
the harmonics.

Another way to look at it is that moving the microphone a few inches
will affect the sound more than doubling the sampling rate.

Now the 24 bits is very usefull because one bit is roughly worth 6 db
of sound. That means when you normalize the audio for web streaming,
you get free gain.
It's like zooming (pardon the pun) on a really high quality digital
photo. If you accidentally record too low, as in a live recording, or
if you mics cannot produce enough gain, you will need to boost the
level digitally.
If you want true line level, then you must look to the Fireface 400.
That box has enough gain to record the lute or even a clavichord at line level.

If you have  recently purchased your zoom I would recommend you
compare it to the Fostex FR2 LE.
The converters and mike preamps are outstanding, and though not as
quiet as items costing thousands of dollars, they are extraordinary.
It also has a design that records early music well.
However it works best with good microphones--as do all recorders.

After you have captured your wave file you will want an audio editor
that can go directly from 24 bit to MP3 or MP4.
Here, Samplitude and Sequoia are the best choices, but there are less
expensive and free options as well. I even use virtual dub with the
lame mp3 encoder for a free solution, and the Nero codec is very good as well.
You will have to decide whether to apply noise shaping to the final
product. Here I recommend that you do not apply noise shaping unless
you have the POWR3 conversions as the process simply adds more noise
to the final product.

A minimum bitrate of 48/260 for MP3 is recommended, and 320 is even
better, MP4 is better still.

Never set your workflow to convert 44.1 to 48, or vice versa.
It degrades the sound.

If you are using your recorder for a video track for youtube, you
must set it to 48/24 or the video software will resample it.

dt