Whole takes have edits :)
What would be fun is to release ALL the takes. That would be cool.

Having worked on a number of "live, unedited" recordings, I can say
that they are mostly not unedited.
Even taking whole phrases, or even pieces, is still some editing, but
these unspecified ones had plenty more edits.
It's too bad, because a small minority do release fine, minimally edited work.
I hasten to mention that Tohoiko's is ubdoubtedly unedited, as he is
a serious artist, and certainly a scenario like taking the best of
the three takes is reasonable, the way LPs were done in the 60s.

I look forward to hearing the CD. The last time I heard Toyohiko,
which was many years ago,
it was good playing.

I think the compelling thing about Video right now is that for a
variety of reasons, which will be overcome in a few years, or sooner,
it is very difficult to edit video with a separate, hires soundtrack.
Nigel's video of the Dowland, which is superb, really looks like one
take. (with a some reverb, perhaps, but very tasteful)
If you look in the corner of the video you can see what looks like a
Sennheiser MKH 20, a very good lute mic.

Because video is the the only Really Real, for the next mote of time,
everyone should release their CDs on DVD, with video.
If a solo lutist wants to make a statement, that's the way.
I can guarantee you that that won't happen till the editing is worked
out :) Perhaps sooner rather than later.

Perhaps someone on this list!

It would be fun.
dt