Ryaan,

   Check the archives. We've been discussing music for over a decade. Have
   a look around before criticising too quickly...

   Rob

   2008/11/29 Ryaan Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Hi all,
       I'm a newcomer to this list, having registered just a few days
     ago. I
       hate to sound immediately critical, but I've been feeling just
     what
       Arto summarized rather succinctly. There's been more discussion
     about
       recording gear than lutes. With the obvious wealth of knowledge
     that
       people seem to have about recording, and the desire to make clear
       recordings, that's wonderful, but I've been wondering when talk of
       well, music ... actually happened.
       I'm a college student, and as a guitar player in high school, I
     used to
       frequent a message board whose primary purpose was to discuss
     guitar
       equipment -- effects pedals, amplifiers, electric guitars, etc.
     That
       time, in hindsight, seems rather wasted; if I'd spent it involving
       myself in dialog about actually playing the instrument, I'd feel
     much
       better about it.
       Anyway -- I consider myself to have very little in the way of
     knowledge
       to contribute, in terms of what Martin just dubbed a "one-way
     traffic
       from the more to the less expert" but if musical discussion sparks
     up,
       I'd love to be a part of that.
       ascii tab generator: [1][2]http://www.band-collab.net/tabedit/ ...
     less
       useful for us than for garage band guitar players, but it's a
     start.
       Best,
       - Ryaan
       On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Martin Shepherd