I think, maybe, we can skip the prejudicial ad-hominem remarks.

I try to play from all kinds of tablature, and frankly, I find the
in-the-line notation hardest. And, as my age increases (which can be
said of all of us on this list: if you've figured a way to get younger
as time progresses, please contact me 8^) it only gets more
pronounced.

That said, when the lines are too close together, between-lines is
harder to read than on-lines.

There are way too many variables for anyone to get too didactic, really!

ray