Oh, I've forgot 2 other interesting details.

   The frets are double (except last 2), made of a thin gut with knots on
   the treble side.

   Both theorbo and the lute on the table has a folded double piece of gut
   going in the middle of the back (longside). It starts from the end pin
   (which is visible on the theorbo) and ends on the white spot (glue?)
   close to the place where the body meets the neck. There is a loop
   attached to the long gut - maybe some sort of the system for keeping
   the instrument while playing. I don't think it served for hanging the
   instrument on the wall. They wouldn't waist such a long piece of gut
   for this purpose. I hang it with a very short piece of used string
   attached to the peg box.

   Best

   Jaroslaw