Tree edition has the Easy Duets by Anne Bailes-Van Royen which has a
separate score for a melody instrument like recorder, violin...
Greet

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Namens
Christopher Stetson
Verzonden: vrijdag 8 mei 2009 2:40
Aan: lutelist Net
Onderwerp: [LUTE] Re: Milan's tablature?

Hi, all.
I have (somewhere in a pile of music) a publication from about 1900
outlining newly invented "character" notation for guitar which was
essentially modern guitar tab:  fret numbers on 6-line staves with
(redundantly) parallel staff notation and without (annoyingly) rhythmic
notation on the tab.  Didn't catch on, though, so had to be reinvented
mid-century.  Tablature may be the most frequently invented musical
notation.
Best, and keep playing.
Chris.

On Thu, May 7, 2009, David van Ooijen <davidvanooi...@gmail.com> said:

> On a side note: when did modern guitar TAB (equals Milan's) arise?

I have heard talk of Mel Bay editions.  before 1960, which is when I took
up guitar.

--
Dana Emery