From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of seth.ap...@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:33 PM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Lute shopping advice?

Hello!

I am brand new to this list but have already been very entertained by the
conversation.

Recently someone asked for some advice on purchasing a lute and I was a bit
surprised by the lack of responses.  I am assuming a public forum is not a
comfortable place to discuss the pros and cons of various luthiers.

So, to take a step back and to reframe this from a larger view:  how would
one go about selecting a luther from which to commission a lute?

All non-maker specific advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Seth
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T