On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:49 AM, Suzanne and Wayne <angevin...@att.net> wrote:
>    One more immediate question for you though.  It seems as though the
> rhythm notation above the tablature lines is "hard coded" in some ways.  I
> don't find a way to move it up or down, for example, which would be a nice
> thing to do if moving the tab symbols up to *between* the lines.  But, more
> importantly, I have a real rhythm problem with these symbols.  I'm using
..
>    So is there a way to say "show the note heads" in the tablature rhythm?

Short, as I'm on my way to leave for a few days.

I make the rhythm staff a separate staff and don't use Finale's
tab-rhythm feature (is it a bug or a feature?).
Here's what I do:
Add a staff above the tab-staff.
Make Staff style that hides everything but the notes and the time
signature. Apply that staff style to this staff.
(Save the Staff style in a library for future use).
See my Sheet Music page for a few examples in various states of
development, I cannot seem to make my mind up about the details or
(Suzanne only) see attached file.
In the final page layout I set the rhythm staff to 70% and the tab
staff to 120%, and I choose a bold italic font for the tab glyphs.
In the rhythm staff, hide the notes you want to hide by using the 'o'
function in speedy note entry.

I'm sure there's things I'm forgetting here, but it's time to go.

good luck, have a great end-of-year party and ask me more in three days time

David