I appreciate it when people point out mistakes, but it has to be handled well.
For example, there are some videos where people are playing something
twice as fast or twice as slow, double or half timing.
Now it is obvious in this case that the player is not aware of it,
and one *might* send a personal email alerting someone, or then again, not!
If I had a glaring error I would probably take the video down and be
grateful, or in some cases if it is just a wrong note I would leave
it up and say, hey, I played a wrong note.

On the other hand, most professional recordings of Dowland's
Lachrimae and Johnson's Almaine have a mistake in the second
bar--parallel fifths--and there really is no point in commenting or
correcting this even in an email, although could post for example a
corrected edition or start a discussion topic on the issue--without
mentioning any names.

No one is aware of all they mistakes they might make, at least as far
as I can tell.
For some younger or preprofessional players I occasionally consider
mentioning some things that might prevent employment, but I have to
say the reception for such information, however well--intentioned, is
invariably tundra-esque.
When I was starting out, I definitely appreciated people mentioning
things like that, but I was trying to make a living and that puts you
in a different frame of mind.

The point is, there is first of all a privacy issue and second of all
a colleague issue.
When in doubt, say nothing at all.