Caroline Usher

   Admin. Coordinator / Biology Dept.

   613-8155 / fax 660-7293

   Box 90338

   From: Nelson, Jocelyn [mailto:nels...@ecu.edu]
   Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:13 AM
   To: Nelson, Jocelyn; jocelynnel...@suddenlink.net
   Subject: Disney World call for lutenist and singer

   Dear Friends,

   I'm sending this in case you have any students or colleagues looking
   for employment. (I've blind-copied the addressees for everyone's
   privacy.)

   Mr. Andres Roca is accepting applications for a lutenist and a
   countertenor or soprano to perform regularly at the Italian Pavilion at
   Epcot in Disney World in Orlando, Florida for $1200 per week. In our
   phone conversation Mr. Roca indicated interest in a versatile
   instrumentalist who can also play guitar, and also a singer who is
   either a countertenor or soprano.

   See information below my signature. Interested parties should contact
   Mr. Roca directly (note his contact information, below).

   Thank you,
   Jocelyn Nelson
   --
   Jocelyn Nelson, DMA
   Teaching Assistant Professor
   Early Guitar, Music History
   336 Fletcher Music Center
   School of Music
   East Carolina University
   252.328.1255 office
   252.328.6258 fax
   [1]nels...@ecu.edu
   Casting for:
   Lutenist and or Female Vocalist to perform music of the Italian
   Renaissance in Venice.
   Musicians will be accompanied by a Period Jester performing the
   Commedia Dell' Arte: The Italian comedy. This character will perform
   Magic tricks, improvised drama and humorously clever pantomimic acting.
   He will also interact with the Musician and Vocalist inducing the
   audience into laughter and gleeful merry-making.
   Salary: $1,200/ week.
   The Job would require relocating to the Central Florida area. Musician
   and or Vocalist would be required to perform daily aprox. ( 5) 20
   minute performance sets. The lutenist must be able to perform
   underscore music while the Jester is performing to guests. Vocalist
   would most likely perform 3 - 4 Short period Vocal pieces per set.

   applicants should be able to supply a short 1 - 2 minute web video
   (such as a youtube video). Music genre: Italian Renaissance/early
   baroque. Video quality does not have to be great. I'm mainly looking
   for playing ability and presence.
   The job does require that the troupe be mobile, so the applicant video
   should feature him or her standing while playing.

   In addition: 1 Photo and a short Bio.

   Disney does want to proceed with the concept. I should also let you
   know that the performances are meant to be lively and cheerful... so
   happy, easy-going personalities are welcome.

   Performance schedule will not exceed 5 (20 -30 minute sets) daily. 5
   days a week.

   See Below for a video link to the concept presentation
   I recently made to Disney.
    [2]http://novaeramusic.com/Italian_Comedia_Dell_Arte.html

   Kind Regards,
   Andres Roca