   thought it was a great gig.

   Best to all, and keep playing,

   Chris.
   >>> Caroline Usher <c...@duke.edu> 8/10/2010 10:22 AM >>>
      Caroline Usher
      Admin. Coordinator / Biology Dept.
      613-8155 / fax 660-7293
      Box 90338
      From: Nelson, Jocelyn [mailto:nels...@ecu.edu]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:13 AM
      To: Nelson, Jocelyn; jocelynnel...@suddenlink.net
      Subject: Disney World call for lutenist and singer
      Dear Friends,
      I'm sending this in case you have any students or colleagues looking
      for employment. (I've blind-copied the addressees for everyone's
      privacy.)
      Mr. Andres Roca is accepting applications for a lutenist and a
      countertenor or soprano to perform regularly at the Italian Pavilion
   at
      Epcot in Disney World in Orlando, Florida for $1200 per week. In our
      phone conversation Mr. Roca indicated interest in a versatile
      instrumentalist who can also play guitar, and also a singer who is
      either a countertenor or soprano.
      See information below my signature. Interested parties should
   contact
      Mr. Roca directly (note his contact information, below).
      Thank you,
      Jocelyn Nelson
      --
      Jocelyn Nelson, DMA
      Teaching Assistant Professor
      Early Guitar, Music History
      336 Fletcher Music Center
      School of Music
      East Carolina University
      252.328.1255 office
      252.328.6258 fax
      [1]nels...@ecu.edu
      Casting for:
      Lutenist and or Female Vocalist to perform music of the Italian
      Renaissance in Venice.
      Musicians will be accompanied by a Period Jester performing the
      Commedia Dell' Arte: The Italian comedy. This character will perform
      Magic tricks, improvised drama and humorously clever pantomimic
   acting.
      He will also interact with the Musician and Vocalist inducing the
      audience into laughter and gleeful merry-making.
      Salary: $1,200/ week.
      The Job would require relocating to the Central Florida area.
   Musician
      and or Vocalist would be required to perform daily aprox. ( 5) 20
      minute performance sets. The lutenist must be able to perform
      underscore music while the Jester is performing to guests. Vocalist
      would most likely perform 3 - 4 Short period Vocal pieces per set.
      applicants should be able to supply a short 1 - 2 minute web video
      (such as a youtube video). Music genre: Italian Renaissance/early
      baroque. Video quality does not have to be great. I'm mainly looking
      for playing ability and presence.
      The job does require that the troupe be mobile, so the applicant
   video
      should feature him or her standing while playing.
      In addition: 1 Photo and a short Bio.
      Disney does want to proceed with the concept. I should also let you
      know that the performances are meant to be lively and cheerful... so
      happy, easy-going personalities are welcome.
      Performance schedule will not exceed 5 (20 -30 minute sets) daily. 5
      days a week.
      See Below for a video link to the concept presentation
      I recently made to Disney.
       [2]http://novaeramusic.com/Italian_Comedia_Dell_Arte.html
      Kind Regards,
      Andres Roca