For the record, the money is that ASCAP and the other agencies
collects is also for airplay on the radio, and they both have
different ways of the checking what is being played.

The money is then distributed to the composers of the music, minus
operating fees of course. If you are a composer and register, you
receive money for your work

Allan

www.guitarandlute.com
www.mandolinandguitar.com