Dear Helen,

I haven't heard the CD of which you speak, so I don't know which songs they do. Shirley Rumsey did a nice CD on Naxos many years ago which might also be an inspiration (and her Spanish CD is very good too).

The two books of frottole published by Bossinensis in 1509 and 1511 are not such a bad place to start. Poems by Petrarch, music by Tromboncino and Cara, nice stuff. The only downside is I'm not sure any modern editions have been done, though as far as I know the facsimiles are still available. I can send you copies of a few songs in my own handwritten edition if you like.

Best wishes,

Martin