   tuning.

   Cheers,

   Jim

   Jun 13, 2011 10:05:09 AM, hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:=

     Dear = Stuart,
     You may find a higher string tension (ie use thicker strings= ) will
     help
     in tuning stability.
     MH
     --- On Mon, 13/6/11, Stuar= t Walsh wrote:
     From: Stuart Walsh
     Subject: [LUTE] bandora tunes
     To: "Lute Net"
     Date: Monday, 13 June, 2011, 12:29
     I've got the Lute S= ociety's bandora on loan. It's a nice
     instrument.
     used to have one years= ago but I'd forgotten how difficult it is to
     get these things tolerably= in tune. Here's a go at three very short
     pieces from Thomas Brown's 'Ba= ndore and lyra viol book' (about
     which I
     know nothing), copied out years= ago by Donald Gill. (And thanks to
     Peter Forrester). The tuning isn't q= uite right - but not too far
     out, I
     hope.
     [1]http://www.youtube.com/w= atch?v=3DipGcIA8EUX8
     and here's a couple of RT's uke tunes
     [2]http://= www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Df22GLlsLZug
     Stuart
     To get on or off this li= st see list information at
     [3]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admi= n/index.html