My guess, and it is only a guess, is that it would be "ich begehre nicht(s) mehr" in modern German, meaning "I desire no(thing) more," "I desire nothing else," or "I have no further desires," or something of that sort. Matthias would probably be the most qualified person on our list to translate it.

-----Original Message----- From: Stuart Walsh
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 4:26 PM
To: Lute Net
Subject: [LUTE] Something old and something new - Conrad Paumann and Gilbert Isbin

Paumann's 'Ich beger nit mer'  from the Buxheimer Orgerlbuch. Paumann
played the lute (and perhaps, fingerstyle) as well as the organ and -
maybe - he played it in a similar way on both instruments.  It fits a G
lute well and only need five courses.

Online German translators don't recognise 'beger',  'nit' nor 'mer' as
German so I don't have a clue what the title means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HInorS2jmIk

Gilbert Isbin's 'Recall', (August? 2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKJxE7mTkmg

Stuart