I have a vague memory of the name, but nothing more. We lived one
   county north of Bolinas back in 1971 when I got my first lute.
   Nancy

     Hi Ed -
      He asked me the same question.  I have never heard of Haldon Chase.
       Wayne
     Begin forwarded message:
     > From: Edward Martin <e...@gamutstrings.com>
     > Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Haldon Chase
     > Date: February 3, 2012 2:50:56 PM EST
     > To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu, baroque-l...@cs.dartmouth.edu
     >
     > Dear ones,
     >
     > I received an inquiry from a person, regarding an lute built by
     > Haldon Chase in 1967.  I have never heard of him or his
     > instruments.  If anyone has any information, please forward it, so
     > can be of some assistance to this individual.
     >
     > Thanks,
     >
     > ed
     >
     > <<<<<<<<<<
     > Dear Ed,
     >
     > In 1967 I bought a lute from the builder, Haldon Chase of Bolinas.
     > Now I am trying to get information about Haldon Chase lutes but
     > nothing shows up in a google search except some things about when
     he
     > was quite young and hung out with Jack Keroac and Allen Ginsberg.
     >
     > Have you heard of Haldon Chase lutes? He was born in 1923 and most
     > likely has died by now.
     >
     > I'm planning on selling the lute and I want some background on it
     and
     > also some idea about pricing. I know about Wayne's Lute page
     (That's
     > how I found the Lute Society). I picked your name somewhat at
     random,
     > but it did have 2012 before it.
     >
     > Thanks for any help you can provide,
     > e,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
     >

     > Edward Martin
     > 2817 East 2nd Street
     > Duluth, Minnesota  55812
     > e-mail:  e...@gamutstrings.com
     > voice:  (218) 728-1202
     > [1]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660298871&ref=name
     > [2]http://www.myspace.com/edslute
     > [3]http://magnatune.com/artists/edward_martin

     > [4]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

   Nancy Carlin Associates
   P.O. Box 6499
   Concord, CA 94524  USA
   phone 925/686-5800 fax 925/680-2582
   web sites - [5]www.nancycarlinassociates.com
   [6]www.groundsanddivisions.info
   Representing:
   FROM WALES - Crasdant  & Carreg Lafar,  FROM ENGLAND - Jez Lowe & Jez
   Lowe & The Bad Pennies, and now representing EARLY MUSIC - The Venere
   Lute Quartet, The Good Pennyworths & Morrongiello & Young
   Administrator THE LUTE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
   web site - [7]http://LuteSocietyofAmerica.org