That's a beautiful lute.

   In contrast I have a 59cm 7c Venere replica (also shaded yew) with very
   close string spacing at the nut - as the original lute has.  When I was
   younger this suited me nicely, but as I age my fingers have thickened
   and it needs very great care to play chords cleanly.  For this reason I
   have used a considerably wider spacing on my new 62cm 10c lute and have
   no trouble with chords.  The one stretch that I am particularly
   conscious of is when I stop the first and sixth strings at the seventh
   fret using little finger on the 1st and ring finger on the 6th.

   In favour of the lute with closer spacing I find that rapid single-line
   passages are easier on it - It's ideal for playing divisions.

   Horses for courses and an excuse (if one was needed) to have more
   lutes.

   Bill