I heard he made himself ten years younger early in his career, so it must have
been impressive for a man in his nineties or even older...

Am 16.12.2013, 22:27 Uhr, schrieb Paul Overell <p...@bayleaf.org.uk>:

In message <57-52ae0970.3010...@tobiah.org>, Tobiah <t...@tobiah.org>
writes
On 12/15/2013 10:52 AM, Chris Barker wrote:

I wonder too about other recent comments that suggest
that he may have played in public longer into his years
than he had ought.

Not at all ...

I saw Segovia play on three occasions, the last time at the Fairfield
Halls, Croyden, UK.  He was very old.  Walked on stage very slowly, his
guitar brought to him once he had sat down - all to a standing ovation.
No doubt his playing was past well its best - but it didn't matter one
jot - we were watching, listening to a living legend.  It was
magnificent, an experience I will never forget.

Regards

--
Viele Grüße
Best regards